Sunday, February 15, 2015

2015 Adoption HappyTales.


Kringle (now Archie) came to us around Christmas time. We were told his owner died and the family did not want him.  He was just 8 months old........hard story to believe........we never believe the stories we are told.  I think his owners worked full time and didn't put the time into potty training him.  Anyways,  being just a pup, he had the most wonderful personality. So calm for a pup and his fur was as soft as cotton.   I think what I will remember most is what a difficult time he had after his neuter.  The tiny dogs just don't bounce back as quickly.   I came from work and my husband had him all snuggled up on the couch in a nest of blankets.  We carried him around and kept him all comfy for three days and slowly he was back to normal.   He has a wonderful mom now and will have a wonderful life.


Maggie arrived with a darling litter of pups this past spring.  The mom had arrived to our rescue and we were never told there were pups left behind.  Well,  after a month, none were adopted from the southern shelter so we were asked if we could take them.  Interesting when they arrived,  they all froze when held.  We don't think they were touched or held in the shelter.  In time, all learned and Maggie was just the sweetest little gal.   She was adopted by a couple and had a doggie and several cat siblings  which she will just love.   She always looked for my dog and wanted to be near her.  I guess her new doggie brother has become quite fond of her.  Yeah.........Cricket just kept ignoring her.  Happy life little Maggie.